Raimi + Associates is a multidisciplinary planning, policy, urban design, and applied research firm with offices in Berkeley, Los Angeles, and Riverside, CA. We are advocates, collaborators, organizers, and pioneers committed to creating healthy and resilient places. To address the complexity of communities, R+A integrates interrelated disciplines — land use and urban design, sustainability and green building, climate action and adaptation, public health and equity, and community engagement — into planning, urban design and applied research efforts.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are seeking a senior and experienced professional to join our team to continue expanding our planning and urban design practice. The company is growing, and we are looking for a dedicated, motivated, and experienced project manager to lead the development of multiple concurrent General Plans, Specific Plans, master plans, and zoning codes. The position may be in any of our office locations – Los Angeles, Berkeley, or Riverside.
- Managing large community planning efforts, such as General Plans, Specific Plans, master plans, and zoning codes.
- Developing project scopes, schedules, and budgets, and manage these effectively over the course of multi-year planning processes
- Leading inclusive public engagement efforts
- Managing teams of subconsultants and technical experts
- Preparing proposals and supporting advanced marketing
- Mentoring junior staff
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
(we understand not every candidate will have every skill)
- 8+ years of experience in urban planning and/or urban design in the public or private sector.
- Experience managing and preparing innovative General Plans, Specific Plans, Precise Plans, master plans, comprehensive zoning code updates, Form-Based Codes, and other planning documents.
- Knowledge of the nuts-and-bolts of planning, urban design, and zoning in the California context.
- Understanding of current best practices and regulations relative to General Plans in California.
- Experience preparing community engagement plans and leading successful public outreach and participation programs, especially in diverse communities.
- Proven ability to manage an internal team of staff planners and designer and subconsultants.
- Proven commitment to incorporating sustainability, health, and equity into planning and design.
- Experience with business development including proposal writing and advanced marketing for new projects. Ability to cultivate lasting relationships with clients.
- Experience teaching and mentoring junior and intermediate staff.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and flexible environment, while remaining organized and focused within the demands of consulting.
- Willingness to travel throughout California and the United States.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
A competitive salary DOE; generous benefits including fully paid medical, dental, and vision; vacation and sick days; retirement account and company-sponsored contributions; and time and resources for professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a brief cover letter (with desired office location – Los Angeles, Berkeley, or Riverside), resume, and relevant examples of work products (10 pages max) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Senior Project Manager” and your name in the subject line. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled. People of color and candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Raimi + Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diversified workforce. Selection is based on merit without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or other differences.