About This Position
We are seeking an Intermediate Planner to join our Berkeley or Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate should be an independent self-starter who can remain organized and focused within the fast-paced demands of a consulting firm. The candidate will work on a wide variety of projects currently underway at R+A, including general plans, specific plans, housing elements, zoning codes and stakeholder engagement processes. The position offers the opportunity to take on a range of responsibilities, including conducting GIS and technical analysis, supporting community engagement, writing planning policy, helping manage projects and team members, and assisting with business development and proposal writing.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in planning, urban design, or closely related field
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the planning field, including familiarity with general plans, specific plans, zoning codes, and other planning documents
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data analysis, mapping, and design
- Experience using ArcGIS or similar mapping software
- Experience working on public engagement programs in diverse communities
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite for graphic design, document layout, and diagram development
- Knowledge of California land use planning including general plans, specific plans, zoning codes, CEQA and other laws and regulations.
- Fluency in spoken and/or written Spanish is desired
Salary and Benefits
Generous benefits package includes a competitive salary; fully paid medical, dental, and vision; vacation and sick days; retirement account and company-sponsored contributions; and time and resources for professional development.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant work products (10 pages max) as soon as possible to email@example.com. Please reference “Intermediate Planner” in the email. The position will remain open until filled. People of color and candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.