Type: Full-Time, salaried position
Location: Berkeley, CA
Interviews will begin the week of June 18, 2018
ABOUT RAIMI + ASSOCIATES
Raimi + Associates is a multidisciplinary planning, policy, urban design, and research firm with offices in Berkeley, Los Angeles, and Riverside, CA. We are advocates, collaborators, organizers, and pioneers committed to creating healthy and resilient places and we bring a multidisciplinary approach to planning, design, policy and applied research. To address the complexity of communities, R+A integrates interrelated disciplines — land use and urban design, sustainability and green building, public health and equity, and community engagement — into planning and applied research efforts.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are seeking a planner / intermediate planner (2-5 years of experience) to join our growing practice in our Berkeley office. The position offers the opportunity to take on a range of responsibilities, including GIS and data analysis, graphic design, physical planning, policy writing, and community engagement. The ideal candidate should be an independent self-starter who enjoys a casual and fun work environment but can multi-task and remain organized and focused within the fast-paced demands of consulting. People of color and candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant work products (10 pages max) as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- GIS analysis and map-making
- Graphic design and document layout
- Writing, research, and policy development for planning documents
- Assisting with public outreach and participation, including workshops and social media
- Administrative tasks, such as updating project web sites and writing meeting summaries
- Writing and organizing proposals
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
(We Understand That Not Every Candidate Will Have Every Potential Skill)
- Commitment to walkable communities, transit-oriented development, health, equity, and sustainability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and present results effectively
- Advanced mapping skill level using ArcGIS and Urban Footprint
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite for graphic design, document layout, and diagram and infographic development
- Previous experience (up to 5 years) in community planning, urban design, zoning, or community development at a planning consulting firm, local government, community-based organization, or advocacy organization
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Planning or closely related field
- Knowledge of California land use planning including General Plans, Specific Plans, zoning codes, CEQA
- Fluent in spoken and/or written Spanish
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Generous benefits package includes a competitive salary; fully paid medical, dental, and vision; vacation and sick days; retirement account and company-sponsored contributions; and time and resources for professional development.
Raimi + Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diversified workforce. Selection is based on merit without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or other differences.