Type: Full-time, salaried position. Open until filled
About Raimi + Associates
Raimi + Associates is a multidisciplinary planning, policy, urban design, and research firm with offices in Berkeley, Los Angeles, and Riverside, CA. We are advocates, collaborators, organizers, and pioneers committed to creating healthy and resilient places. We bring a multidisciplinary approach to planning, design, policy and applied research. To address the complexity of communities, R+A integrates interrelated disciplines — land use and urban design, sustainability and green building, public health and equity, and community engagement — into planning and applied research efforts.
About this Position
We are seeking an Urban Design and Code Specialist (5 to 8 years of experience) to join our firm. The ideal candidate should be an independent self-starter who enjoys a casual and fun work environment but can multi-task and remain organized and focused within the fast-paced demands of consulting. The position offers the opportunity to take on a range of responsibilities, including specific planning, master plans, design standards and guidelines, zoning code writing, design review, building prototyping, diagramming, urban design physical planning, policy writing, community engagement, proposal writing, and business development. People of color and candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. The position is open in either our Berkeley or Los Angeles office. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant work products (10 pages max) as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preparing development and design regulations either as stand-alone documents or as parts of zoning codes, specific plans, or master plans.
- Modeling building prototypes, site design, diagraming and mapping, and street design.
- Reviewing development projects and preparing design review memos.
- Creating 3D renderings of planning projects.
- Conducting research and analysis of precedents and best practices in support of a variety of planning, regulatory, and design projects.
- Assisting with public outreach and participation, including workshops and social media.
- Assisting with writing and organizing proposals and other business development activities.
- Managing projects (may vary depending on level of experience).
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in planning, urban design, architecture, or closely related field.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant work experience in the planning field. A significant proportion of the experience must be work completed in California.
- Experience working on a variety of planning projects including Specific Plans, design standards/guidelines, zoning codes, architecture entitlements, and other related projects.
- Understanding of basic architectural concepts including building types such as multifamily housing, mixed-use developments, and building massing/façade design.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp.
- Experience working on public engagement programs in diverse communities.
Salary and Benefits
Generous benefits package includes a competitive salary; fully paid medical, dental, and vision; vacation and sick days; retirement account and company-sponsored contributions; and time and resources for professional development.
Raimi + Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diversified workforce. Selection is based on merit without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or other differences.