The San Francisco Planning Department plays a central role in guiding the growth and development in our City. The Department works with other City agencies and the community to help achieve great planning for a great city.
This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, inter-disciplinary, and innovative department and share in our vision to make San Francisco the worlds’ most livable urban place – environmentally, economically, socially and culturally.
Salary: $ 95,264.00 – $115,778.00/year
CPC has an opening for one (1) Temporary Provisional (TPV) 5291 Planner III – Urban Designer/Architect position to join the Current Planning Division
Under direction, the Planner III – Urban Designer/Architect performs complex planning work relating to the design of the built environment. This position is responsible for providing professional architectural and urban design review of development proposals; developing architectural and urban design guidelines for a variety of land uses and building types; participating in design review advisory groups, advising Department Staff on technical knowledge of the Building Code, Green Building Ordinance, building material and construction methodology and cost; providing architectural design expertise to assist in the development of proposed long-range policy and planning initiatives regarding the built environment; and performing other duties as assigned.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in design review of development proposals;
- Coordinates updates to existing urban design and architectural design guidelines, and contributes to the development of new design guidelines, as needed;
- Provides urban design and architectural expertise in support of the Department’s work to strengthen the City’s sense of place and livability through concern for the city’s physical qualities;
- Assists in the coordination of and participates in the Department’s design review committees;
- Provides technical knowledge of the Building Code, Green Building Ordinance, building material and construction methodology and cost;
- Provides knowledge of the Planning Code as applied to existing and proposed development of all scales and types;
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university AND four (4) years (8,000 hours) of verifiable full-time-equivalent experience in an urban, city, regional and/or other related planning environment (such as transportation planning, environmental planning, architecture or urban design); OR
- Possession of a master’s degree from an accredited college or university in City, Regional or Urban Planning, or a closely related field such as Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Geography, Urban Studies or Environmental Studies AND two (2) years (4,000 hours) of verifiable full-time-equivalent experience in an urban, city, regional and/or other related planning environment (such as, but not limited to transportation planning, environmental planning, architecture, historic preservation or urban design). AND
- Possession of a valid Architect License.
Note: The above minimum qualifications reflect special conditions associated with the position to be filled. They may differ from the standard minimum qualifications associated with this classification.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process.
to register an account and view this complete job announcement for application submission requirements.