The San Francisco Planning Department (CPC) is seeking an experienced Project Manager who has a proven track record of success in driving large-scale transportation, engineering and/or planning projects and the ability to manage relationships with community, city, state and federal organizations. The Project Manager will lead the effort on behalf of the City to implement the Railyards and Benefits Study and to bring Caltrain and High Speed Rail to the Salesforce Transit Center. This position is critical to support the City’s current and future development and transportation needs. The ideal candidate will have strong project and time management experience within a complex governance system and the ability to incorporate problem solving, critical thinking and tactical execution into their daily work.
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
1) coordinating with multiple agencies and integrating community and stakeholder input into various transportation and development planning, design, and/or engineering efforts;
2) providing strategic input to rail planning, analysis, operations, and/or environmental documents;
3) leading a Planning Department study to upgrade and/or relocate the 22nd Street Caltrain station;
4) acting in support of future land use studies in the 4th and King District based on an understanding of current and future rail operations; and
5) actively participate in the Citywide Department’s management team and manage, mentor, and grow staff that may be assigned to this body of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, engineering, planning, or landscape architecture; plus four years of responsible architectural, engineering or construction management experience, OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in another field plus six years of responsible experience in a field directly related to the project, OR
- Eight years of architectural, engineering, or construction management experience in a field directly related to the project, OR
- California registration as professional engineer or architect.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
- Experience in transportation and land use planning.
- Experience in civil and/or rail planning engineering and operations.
- Experience in directing consultant studies on schedule and on budget.
- Ability to interpret and present the results to community members, decision-makers, and staff from a variety of agencies.
- Experience in strategic planning, critical thinking and problem-solving skills in an urban context related to the integration of transportation infrastructure and land use.
- Experience in working effectively with engineers, planners, lawyers, administrators, and other staff across multiple agencies or organizations.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process.
Visit: https://jobapscloud.com/SF/sup/BulPreview.asp?R1=PEX&R2=5502&R3=092568 to register an account and to view this complete job announcement for application submission requirements.
Salary: $141,024 – $141,024 /year
Application Deadline: April 25, 2019 by 5:00 pm PT