Are you looking to join a team that is making a difference in the future of San Jose? We are looking for a skilled professional who wants to help us shape the center city of Silicon Valley. The San Jose Downtown Association is a non-profit organization that has worked closely with private and public sector partners since 1986 to improve downtown San Jose. Please look at our website sjdowntown.com before applying, to better understand our mission, programs and services. Details on the position are below:
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Property-Based Improvement District (PBID) is a special assessment district that conveys certain benefits to the properties located within its boundaries. Established in August 2007 and managed by the San Jose Downtown Association, the Property-Based Improvement District (PBID) provides a way to fund downtown cleaning and beautification projects. The PBID commissioned the Downtown Street Life Plan (DSLP) to create a vision and road map for place-making and public realm improvements based on stakeholder input and long-term needs assessment.
The Project Coordinator is a contract position to perform and support community development initiatives in downtown San Jose. The role will support PBID projects and basic administrative functions, specifically those related to street life/public life, cleanliness and safety, development, etc. The Project Coordinator will assist the entire PBID team (Operations Manager, Business Development Manager, Street Life Manager, and Director of Policy and Operations) in managing projects and policy research.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage and optimize key downtown enhanced maintenance and cleaning services, including fee for service contracts, street trees, beautification, and construction fencing aesthetics.
- Provide research support on issues including development, transportation policy, homelessness, and downtown pedestrian counts.
- Generate graphics materials including, but not limited to maps, flyers, presentations, booklets, and more.
- Guide street life projects through their full life cycle from opportunity to funding, permitting, implementation, and maintenance.
- Support outreach, scheduling, follow-ups, budgeting, board meeting preparation, and data entry and analysis.
- Assist in other PBID projects and activities as needed.
- Ideal candidate will have a background/experience in environmental design, urban planning, public space management and operations, or related field.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of community design and development are highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to work independently required.
- Strong organization and project management skills with attention to detail are highly desirable.
- Computer proficient and strong graphic communication skills with emphasis on Adobe Creative Suite and InDesign.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports to the Operations Manager, San Jose Downtown Association
SALARY: The contract rate is $30.00 an hour, starting at 20-25 hours a week. This is a 6-month temporary position with the option to extend.
DEADLINE: Friday, June 21, 2019 at 5 p.m.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to
San Jose Downtown Association, Human Resources
28 N. First St., #1000
San Jose, CA 95113