San Mateo is a city of approximately 100,000 residents located in Silicon Valley. One of the City’s strengths is its diversity, both in the ethnic makeup and the physical development of the community.
The Community Development Department, comprised of Planning, Neighborhood Improvement and Housing, Code Enforcement, and Building, provides a broad range of functions relating the development of the community. The department consists of a team of talented professional in a dynamic, collaborative work environment dedicated to serving the San Mateo community
Under general supervision, the Housing Specialist I/II will perform a wide variety of duties primarily related to the administration of the federal Community Development Block Grant program, as well as assist with affordable housing programs, projects and plans.
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Review, analyze, evaluate and recommend adoption of federal, state, and local programs and policies to meet City community development and housing needs.
- Prepare a variety of periodic and special reports related to grant, loan and City sponsored programs; assist with funding and programming budgets
- Assist City-sponsored affordable housing developments/programs by assisting with site acquisition, eligibility review, underwriting, financing, contract administration, dispute mediation and completion.
• Publicize and prepare marketing information for the City’s various housing and community development projects; make public presentations to City Council and community groups
• Coordinate aspects of assigned projects with the work of other City departments and other local agencies and nonprofit organizations.
• Assist with the administration and monitoring of City sponsored affordable housing units.
• Conduct various studies, and analysis regarding project feasibility; prepare statistical, financial, environmental, and other technical analyses and reports.Salary range: Housing Specialist I $6,607.00 to $7,879.99 per month
Housing Specialist II $7,269.14 to $8,665.14 per month
To submit an application go to: https://www.calopps.org/san-mateo/job-19960072
Applications are due 1/28/20.