SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a CEQA Planner and Assistant Project Manager/Project Manager with experience assisting Lead Agencies and managing the preparation of environmental and planning documents for our San Luis Obispo office. This is a regular, full-time salaried position that is a career growth opportunity to join SWCA’s expanding California practice. Assistant Project Manager/Project Manager role will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
SWCA’s San Luis Obispo’s office has been providing environmental planning and consulting services for over 30 years and is well known on the Central Coast for having a positive and collaborative office culture. We offer a supportive, team-oriented work environment, competitive wages, and a competitive benefits package, including an employee stock ownership plan (retirement).
What you will accomplish
- Serve as assistant project manager / project manager for CEQA documents prepared for a variety of projects;
- Help manage multidisciplinary teams of SWCA staff and sub-consultants;
- Support on-call planning and environmental services contracts with local agencies;
- Write various sections of CEQA documents and review/edit other sections prepared by technical specialists;
- Manage and coordinate complex CEQA documents;
- Conduct business development, including client outreach, preparing proposals, and conducting interviews and presentations;
- Ensure CEQA project quality, schedule, and budget objectives;
- Make client and public presentations of CEQA documents;
- Take initiative, resolve problems, and identify improved procedures to assure client needs are met effectively;
- Work closely with project managers, directors, and principals throughout the company to promote SWCA’s business interests in adherences to its mission, vision, and values; and,
- Contribute to expanding SWCA’s professional reputation in environmental consulting.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- A minimum of at least four (4) years of applicable experience in environmental consulting and planning, including current planning, preparing CEQA documents, and/or related planning services.
- Of the four years of applicable experience, a minimum of at least two must include experience with the preparation or management of CEQA documents and projects.
- Excellent written, logic, organizational, oral, analytical, and document management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel as needed for projects throughout California.
- Willingness to learn, have fun, and grow into increased management responsibilities.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/6rg7gpfjysgtxbf8