To perform advanced level professional planning work involving both current and advanced planning; provide technical and functional supervision to professional and technical planning staff; and provide responsible staff assistance to the Planning Manager.
- Principles and practices of urban planning and development.
- Methods and techniques of effective technical report preparation and presentation.
- Research methods and sources of information related to urban growth and development.
- Recent developments, current literature and sources of information related to municipal planning and administration.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Analyze site design, terrain constraints, circulation, land use compatibility, utilities and other urban services.
- Analyze and develop policies related to land use and community development.
- Ensure project compliance with Federal, State and local rules, laws and regulations.
- Interpret and apply pertinent laws, rules and regulations.
- Prepare and analyze technical and administrative reports, statements and correspondence.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Three years of responsible professional urban planning experience.
- Possession of AICP Certification is not required, but is highly desired for this position.
- A Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in planning, public or business administration or a related field course of work.
To be considered for this position, applicants should attach a resume to the required City of Vallejo online application and responses to a supplemental questionnaire by July 20, 2018 at 5:15 p.m.