Application Deadline: 1/17/2019 5:00 PM PST
The San Francisco Planning Department (CPC) is seeking an experienced Project Manager who has a proven track record of success in driving large-scale transportation, engineering and/or planning projects and the ability to manage relationships with community, city, state and federal organizations. This position is critical to support the City’s current and future development and transportation needs. The ideal candidate will have strong project and time management experience within a complex system of governance and the ability to incorporate problem solving, critical thinking and tactical execution into their daily work.
Appointment Type: Permanent-Exempt (PEX)
This permanent exempt (PEX) position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer. This position has an anticipated duration of no more than three (3) years.
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
1) coordinating with multiple agencies and integrating community and stakeholder input into various transportation and development planning, design, and/or engineering efforts;
2) providing strategic input to rail planning, analysis, operations, and/or environmental documents;
3) leading a Planning Department study to upgrade and/or relocate the 22nd Street Caltrain station;
4) acting in support of future land use studies in the 4th and King District based on an understanding of current and future rail operations; and
5) actively participate in the Citywide Department’s management team and manage, mentor, and grow staff that may be assigned to this body of work.
Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, engineering, planning, or landscape architecture; plus four years of responsible architectural, engineering or construction management experience, OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in another field plus six years of responsible experience in a field directly related to the project, OR
- Eight years of architectural, engineering, or construction management experience in a field directly related to the project, OR
- California registration as professional engineer or architect.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only being accepted through an online process.
Visit: https://jobapscloud.com/SF/sup/BulPreview.asp?R1=PEX&R2=5502&R3=092568 to register an account and view this complete job announcement for application submission requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer