We are Steer and we help people, places and economies thrive. Founded in 1978, Steer is a global business consultancy specializing in transportation, cities and infrastructure, with over 450 staff in 20 offices around the world.
We have an enduring commitment to generate success for our clients, for ourselves and in the communities in which we work. A commitment that helps improve infrastructure, cities and transport, and ultimately the way people live, work and travel.
About the role
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual with a background in transportation
planning, marketing, or outreach to support management of the onsite transportation and
transportation demand management (TDM) program at our client’s global headquarters in the Bay Area, a multi-site campus with over 40,000 employees.
The role of the Transportation & TDM Program Manager is to directly support our client’s TDM Program Manager to implement corporate mobility programs, execute transportation policies and initiatives, and utilize behavior change and TDM techniques to encourage multimodal commutes.
The role will support management of up to 20 different corporate mobility programs in the Bay Area and will coordinate with Transportation Team members at other client offices in the US to ensure the delivery of a consistent and effective employee commute program.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and organize incentives, commute events and marketing campaigns to reduce single occupancy commute trips, using motivational interviewing and other outreach techniques
• Manage employee experience and expectations for the wide range of mobility programs and
lead employee feedback communications
• Collaborate with Steer’s Project Managers and wider Transportation Team to bring
innovation, creativity and TDM expertise to the client’s transportation program delivery
• Create and utilize commute report data to identify how best to target employees, develop
mobility solutions, and delivery events and outreach most effectively
• Manage and operate microtransit, rideshare programs, and the commute platform, including ongoing incentives, communications, and improvements
• Supervise ongoing rewards and distribution, Commute Concierge program, the distribution of transit passes, and reports on Wageworks public transit subsidy and carpool promotions
• Lead program analysis and provide recommendations to the client’s Transportation Team
• Implement special projects, including pilot programs
• Collaborate with external sites in the consistent delivery of the client’s commute program
• Work for Steer as a full-time contractor to the client at their Sunnyvale office
Qualifications and Experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong project/program management experience in transportation, marketing or outreach
• Stays informed about local transportation stakeholders, issues and policies
• Experience with transportation planning concepts, transportation demand management
techniques, and communications/marketing for multi-modal transportation
• Proficiency with spreadsheets and databases, commute platforms, shuttle management
• The ideal candidate will be:
– self-motivated, thrive in a small team environment, and be willing to take on new challenges
– flexible in approaching employers/clients and able to adapt to different circumstances to
– highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
We believe in empowering our people and giving them the opportunity to shine. Being an
employee-owned company means that our people are dedicated and passionate about what they do, and it is the reason why we are at the forefront of our industry.
We offer a competitive benefits package and invest significantly in the technical and soft-skills development of our employees. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best talent by creating a supportive environment in which all employees are given opportunities to learn, develop and grow to enable and support them in achieving their full potential. Learning and Development activities and continued professional development are regarded as essential to the continued success of our people and their business.
Steer is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you wish to apply for this role, please complete our online application form at
include a resume and submit by midnight (EST) Sunday, March 15, 2020.
Questions about the role may be directed to Geoff England at email@example.com.
We will be looking to interview candidates soon after the close date. The reference number for this opportunity is NAPL222.