**This position is a regular, full-time position that is temporarily a remote position, but will be located in our Oakland office when it is safe. **
Are you fascinated by the built environment? Do you want to create active, inclusive places and spaces for people that are both beautiful and functional? Do you want to be a catalyst for change in the field of landscape architecture and urban design? Do you love figuring out new and creative ways to envisions streetscape and trails and how to visualize and communicate design concepts? If so, we’re looking for you to join our team as a Landscape Architect/Urban Designer in our Oakland office.
Why join Toole Design?
At Toole Design Group, we’re working to create vibrant, multimodal transportation solutions for people of all ages and abilities. Our staff of 190+ landscape architects, planners, and engineers are passionate about making a difference in communities large and small. The pace is fast, our team is creative and dynamic, and you will collaborate across disciplines with colleagues to design and build transformative projects across the country.
As a Landscape Architect/Urban Designer, you’ll be an integral part of our planning and design projects focused on creating inclusive communities and making the travel experience better for all users. As a part of our landscape architecture practice, you’ll be an integral part of team and at the table with our clients, community members, planners, and engineers on projects from start to finish; working on stakeholder outreach and design workshops, master planning, concept plans, demonstration projects, 3D modeling, illustrative graphics, and construction documents.
Toole Design is committed to building a diverse and welcoming team. We have a collaborative culture where people of all backgrounds come together to share ideas and build better, more inclusive communities. We are an equal opportunity, woman-owned business. We’re proud that about half of our managers are female, and are committed to achieving racial diversity in our leadership as well. No matter what your background is – we encourage you to apply for this position.
You’ll be great here if:
• You are passionate about design and how it informs the built environment.
• Reimagining cities, green spaces, and public realm through landscape design gets you going every day.
• You’re a motivated, self-driven, detail-oriented person that enjoys solving problems and takes pride in the quality of your own work.
• You understand design fundamentals and enjoy interdisciplinary collaboration to arrive at functional design solutions
• You are excited to build relationships with your colleagues, and are motivated to develop your professional knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• You know how to craft a clear message, whether written, verbal, or graphically.
• You can self-check your work to ensure that our team delivers high-quality design documents on time and on-budget.
• You have a positive attitude, are committed to delivering quality work on time, and commitment to fostering an inclusive workplace culture and communities.
We’ll offer you:
• The opportunity to influence how we discuss, develop, and design the largest part of our public realm, our transportation network, in communities across the country.
• The potential to grow as a landscape architect/urban designer and advance in a company that prefers to promote from within.
• Competitive salary and industry-best benefits.
• A workplace that practices what it preaches, with engaged colleagues and financial incentives to bike, walk, and use transit on your commute.
What you’ll need:
• A bachelors or master’s degree in landscape architecture.
• 5+ years of hands-on landscape architecture experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project programming, master planning,
site design, and all design phases
• Strong proficiency with hand and digital graphic techniques to communicate design ideas and produce illustrative graphics.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup, AutoCAD
• An interest in multimodal and active transportation design.
• A client-service attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Licensure is a bonus but not required for this position.
• Intermediate to fluent Spanish language proficiency desirable.
About our Oakland office:
Toole Design Group’s Oakland office is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Oakland, less than a block from the 19th St BART station. Our office environment is fun to work in, with a strong emphasis on staff collaboration and professional development. Our Oakland team is a dynamic mix of transportation planners, engineers, and a growing urban design practice. Our projects range from countywide active transportation plans to streetscape transformations throughout California.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be considered as a potential candidate for this position, please click “Apply for this Job” below or visit our careers page http://www.tooledesign.com/company/careers and select the corresponding position. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples (4MB file size limit in the application). Please e-mail HR@tooledesign.com if you have a bigger portfolio. You can also just share a link to your portfolio in the application or through e-mailing us.
Toole Design Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer (EO/AA/VEV/Disabled employer) and encourages women and minorities to apply. No phone calls, please. For more information about Toole Design Group, visit our website (www.tooledesign.com), follow us on Twitter (@tooledesign), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/TooleDesignGroup).