Are you fascinated by the choices people make when getting around their communities? Are you passionate about sustainability and the opportunity to work on challenging multimodal projects that make communities more livable? Would you enjoy working on a variety of projects with unique challenges and requirements? If so, we’re looking for someone like you to join our team as a Senior Planner in our Oakland,CA office.
Why join Toole Design?
At Toole Design, we’re working to create vibrant, multimodal transportation solutions for people of all ages and abilities. Our staff of 190+ planning, design, and engineering professionals are passionate about making a difference in communities large and small. The pace is fast, our team is creative and dynamic, and you will collaborate across disciplines with colleagues on transformative projects across the country. In an industry that is constantly changing, you’ll be at the forefront of planning and designing real solutions.
As a Senior Planner, you’ll be in a leadership position, mentoring others and leading exciting and challenging projects throughout the Bay Area and across California. Your work will have a lasting impact on communities. You’ll be at the table with clients and colleagues from a variety of disciplines; integrating input from a broad range of stakeholders to create award-winning plans that lead directly to implementation.
Toole Design is a committed to building a diverse and welcoming team. We have a collaborative culture where people of all backgrounds come together to share ideas and build better, more inclusive communities. We are an equal opportunity, woman-owned business. We are proud of the fact that over 50% of our managers are women or people of color. No matter what your background is – we encourage you to apply for this position.
You’ll be great here if:
• You are passionate about making a positive difference in how people move
• You enjoy building strong relationships across disciplines, across offices and with our clients
• You know how to get the message across, whether written, verbal, or graphically
• You are detail oriented and have strong organizational skills
• You enjoy leading multidisciplinary teams to do great work for clients
• You deliver high-quality work on time and on-budget
• You are motivated to find and work with new clients and solve new challenges
• You have at least eight years of experience working on transportation projects, preferably in the Bay Area
We’ll offer you:
• The opportunity to influence how we discuss, design, and develop the largest part of our public realm- our transportation network- in communities across the country.
• The ability to work with our exceptional Oakland team, and thought leaders from across the country
• A workplace that practices what it preaches, with engaged colleagues and financial incentives to bike, walk, and use transit on your commute.
• Exceptional opportunities for professional development through internal and external trainings, mentorship and professional associations.
• Competitive salary and industry-best benefits.
What you’ll need:
• A master’s degree in transportation or urban planning, landscape architecture, urban design, or related field
• The ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and partners through any medium or situation
• At least 10 years of active transportation planning experience at a consulting firm or public entity (consulting experience is preferred)
• Demonstrated success managing complex transportation projects, working with staff teams, consultants and subconsultants, and managing schedules and budgets
• The drive to identify and pursue business development opportunities for a growing office
• A willingness to develop new techniques, lead projects in new practice areas, or oversee the use of new tools
• The ability to facilitate training for other employees, clients, agency staff, and professional organizations
• Working knowledge of GIS and Adobe Creative Suite are desirable
About our Oakland office:
Toole Design Group’s Oakland office is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Oakland, less than a block from the 19th St BART station. Our office environment is fun to work in, with a strong emphasis on staff collaboration and professional development. Our Oakland team is a dynamic mix of transportation planners and engineers, and our projects range from countywide plans to street transformations throughout California.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be considered as a potential candidate for this position, please click “Apply for this Job” below or visit our careers page http://www.tooledesign.com/careers and select the corresponding position. Toole Design Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer (EO/AA/VEV/Disabled employer) and encourages women and minorities to apply. No phone calls, please. For more information about Toole Design Group, visit our website (www.tooledesign.com), follow us on Twitter (@tooledesign), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/TooleDesignGroup).