20 Hours per week for 3 months (Minimum)
First consideration given to applicants who apply by:
Thursday, May 31, 2018
The Planning Intern will act as an aide to the Planning Manager by maintaining accurate and readily accessible records of permit applications. Most the internship will include data clean-up of planning projects. The Planning Intern will also obtain exposure to current planning as performed in the Town of Tiburon. Under the direction of the Planning Manager, the Planning Intern may work on a variety of design review applications, use permits, home occupation permits, and/or tree removal permits.
Examples of Duties
- Clean up Planning Project data in the permitting database.
- Assist the Planning Manager with a variety of projects.
- Perform current planning review of projects.
- Assist with application intake.
- Shadow Planning Manager at the Public Counter.
- Work with Building Division Staff.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal Planning Intern will be a team player willing and able to follow directions and work with a spirit of cooperation. He/she will understand the importance of public service and quality customer service, with an appreciation for the high level of service expected of a Town employee. The Planning Intern will need a reliable form of transportation, as site visits may be required.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be able to:
- Utilize the Permitting System (TRAKit).
- Write staff reports, completeness letters, etc.
- Drive to site visits, using their own vehicle.
- Be detail oriented, with excellent verbal and written skills, and a talent for keeping accurate and readily accessible records.
Experience and Training: An ideal candidate will be a college student majoring in City Planning or Architecture. Recent graduates will be considered with a three-month commitment.
- Planning Principles, Planning Law, CEQA.
- Computer software applications and data base management.
- Modern office procedures and practices including correct punctuation, spelling, grammatical usage, filing, indexing and cross-referencing methods.
- Operation of standard office machines.
Compensation and Benefits
$15-20 per hour
Placement within range dependent on qualifications. This position does not qualify for benefits or paid holidays or vacation.
Interested individuals must submit a completed employment application, resume and cover letter by 5:00 P.M. on Thursday, May 31, 2018 to be considered for the position. For further information and the Town application, visit the employment section of our website at www.townoftiburon.org
Submit to: Sung H. Kwon, Planning Manager, 1505 Tiburon Blvd., Tiburon, CA 94920 or by email email@example.com. Phone: (415) 435-7393.
Selection Process: Application packages considered best qualified based on application materials submitted shall be invited to a panel interview.