Have you considered teaching as your next career? If you are an industry professional in the fields of science, technology, engineering or math (STEM), you can inspire the next generation of innovators. Transition to teaching middle or high school in the next 1-3 years. Students need role models like you with expertise and leadership in their field.
The EnCorps STEM Teaching Fellowship is a rigorous on-ramp to a teaching career — offering you the field experience, knowledge and connections to ensure you thrive. The Teaching Fellowship provides a guided pathway into teaching for STEM industry professionals that can be started while you are still working.
EnCorps is looking for passionate STEM industry professionals who want to make a difference in urban education and have at least 3 years of full time work or research experience in a science, technology, engineering or math related industry. (Please see our full eligibility criteria: http://encorps.org/join/eligibility/.)
Apply online at http://encorps.org/apply by our WINTER DEADLINE: November 15, 2019
As an EnCorps Teaching Fellow:
- Train to teach this winter by volunteering 2-5 hours per week in a local classroom as a guest teacher
- Receive mentorship and coaching from EnCorps staff and an experienced host teacher
- Complete teaching exams with support from EnCorps
- In the spring, enter a teaching credential program, either in person or online
- Engage in a robust slate of professional development and collaborate with a cohort of peers
- Begin your teaching career in a school district or charter network by fall 2020 (or beyond if you wish for a longer transition timeline)
“I saw a spark in those kids, I want to see more of that. If I can be a little inspiration to them that would be worth it.” –EnCorps Fellow Erika Parker
Find out more