Urban Planning Partners (UPP) seeks a highly motivated urban planner with a CEQA focus to join our team as an Associate or Senior Planner, depending on extent of project management experience, with the following qualifications and skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the planning field (with a minimum of 4 years in consulting), and demonstrated experience as a project manager with increasing responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in city/urban planning, community development, public policy, environmental science, or related field; OR
- Master’s degree in city/urban planning, community development, public administration or related field, to substitute for one year of experience
- Can demonstrate ability to lead and win new work
- Proven ability to manage mid- to large-size projects consistent with scope, fee, and schedule
- Active membership in a professional organization
- Valid California driver’s license and ability to drive a vehicle for company business
This position is focused on CEQA work but may also include some planning policy work. Some highlights of our current projects include the Downtown Oakland Specific Plan EIR at the plan level; project level CEQA work includes several significant development projects in Downtown Oakland, Emeryville, mixed-use and biotech projects in Foster City, and streamlined CEQA review for several infill projects in Berkeley and Oakland.
Urban Planning Partners
At UPP, we help create better places in partnership with our clients and the communities where we work. We are actively seeking talented people to join an empowered and collaborative employee environment. Located in downtown Oakland, we provide land use planning policy, community engagement, and environmental review consulting services on large complex projects throughout the Bay Area and Northern California.
We credit the success of our projects and the satisfaction of clients to our amazing staff and commitment to our core values: we care, collaborate, and reach, and we are real. UPP has become – and remains – a vital and respected firm, despite our comparatively small size (staff of 15). Come join our team!
UPP offers excellent benefits (vacation, sick, and holiday pay; medical, dental, group life, and long-term disability insurance plans; Clipper subsidy; 401k with 3% company contribution, profit sharing, and employee referral bonus program. UPP is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply and be considered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assoc-Sr Planner – CEQA” in the subject line and attach a single PDF file that includes both your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, express why you are interested in UPP and are a great fit for this position. No phone calls please. Thanks and Good Luck!