Urban Planning Partners (UPP) seeks a highly motivated urban planner to join our team with the following qualifications and skills:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the planning field, with demonstrated experience as a project manager, with increasing responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in city/urban planning, community development, environmental science, or related field; OR
- Master’s degree in city/urban planning, community development, public administration or related field, to substitute for one year of experience
- Can demonstrate ability to lead and win new work
- Proven ability to manage projects consistent with scope, fee, and schedule
- AICP certification preferred
- Active membership in a professional organization
- Valid California driver’s license and ability to drive a vehicle for company business
The focus of this position could be on CEQA/environmental planning or policy and entitlement management, or a combination of both service areas.
Urban Planning Partners
At UPP, we help create better places in partnership with our clients and the communities where we work. We are actively seeking talented people to join an empowered and collaborative employee environment. Located in downtown Oakland, we provide land use planning policy, community engagement, and environmental review consulting services on large complex projects throughout the Bay Area and Northern California.
We credit the success of our projects and the satisfaction of clients to our amazing staff and commitment to our core values: we care, collaborate, and reach, and we are real. UPP has become – and remains – a vital and respected firm, despite our comparatively small size (staff of 15). Come join our team!
UPP offers excellent benefits (vacation, sick, and holiday pay; medical, dental, group life, and long-term disability insurance plans; Clipper subsidy; 401k with 3% company contribution, profit sharing, and employee referral bonus program. UPP is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply and be considered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Planner” in the subject line and attach a single PDF file that includes both your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, express why you are interested in UPP and are a great fit for this position. No phone calls please. Thanks and Good Luck!