Continue your planning and urban design career at a “Best Places to Work” company! Wood Rodgers’ Pleasanton Planning team is looking for a Planner to join our fast-paced, dynamic, and multi-disciplinary team. The person will collaborate on urban and suburban design projects, from concept to public approval. The candidate will possess a strong writing, design aesthetic and graphic skills. The person should be self-directed and desire an opportunity for growth within the organization.
If you are serious, dedicated and driven to uncover new and exciting solutions, then Wood Rodgers is for you. If you are a self-starter and looking for a growth opportunity, Wood Rodgers is just the place.
We bring new ways of solving old problems. We are inventors, we ask ‘why not?’ and we challenge convention. Sound like you? Read on:
What you’ll be doing
- Site research and gathering of relevant regulatory documents
- Create graphics and assemble presentations for clients and/or agencies
- Prepare subdivision maps, site plans, and other entitlement graphics
- Complete application forms, letters, reports, specific plans, and other land planning documents
- Collaborate with project team toward completion of projects
- Coordinate with clients, attend project meetings
- Attend public hearings and workshops and possibly present, if requested
- Market the company and participate in industry groups (desired, not required)
- Bachelor’s degree in City or Urban Planning/Landscape Architecture/Architecture
- 5 to 7 years of professional work experience in the field, or a related field
What it takes
- Excellent design, visualization and graphic skills
- Knowledge of urban planning, site design, zoning and technical issues
- Proficiency in MS Office, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, GIS, and 3D program (Sketchup, Revit, Rhino or other)
- Ability to communicate clearly both in verbal and written form with staff, clients and other agencies.
- Experience with policy writing
Apply at www.woodrodgers.com