Are you an environmental enthusiast? Is conservation your cup of (sustainably sourced) tea? If so, you’ll fit in great at WRA, Inc. We are on a quest to create a sustainable future where people and the environment thrive. For more than 35 years, WRA has provided outstanding ecological and design expertise to develop successful solutions for our clients. We employ experts in the fields of botany, engineering, wildlife, wetland ecology, GIS, CEQA/NEPA, and landscape architecture – all in the service of our mission: to create value for our community by working together to provide environmental solutions.
We are actively searching for a Junior Environmental Planner to become the next great member of our team. This individual will join us on a full-time basis in our Emeryville office.
As a Junior Environmental Planner, you will work closely with project managers to write technical reports and finalize CEQA documents. You will love this position if you have strong technical writing skills, and are also looking for deeper meaning in your work and the opportunity to make an impact on your community – and the world at large. You will be successful if you enjoy being highly organized, working with planners, scientists, and engineers cross-functionally toward a common goal, and diving into research-mode to produce the highest-quality deliverable work product.
- Completing CEQA documents (Categorical Exemptions, Mitigated Negative Declarations and Environmental Impact Reports)
- Providing technical support on CEQA documents and technical reports that support making CEQA findings;
- Developing and maintaining a basic understanding of current planning law and practice including CEQA, NEPA, Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act related laws and regulations
- Coordinating work flow on interim CEQA deliverables with other team members
What You Bring to the Team:
- BS degree or higher in land use, natural resources or environmental planning. Master’s degree in environmental planning or science is highly desired
- 1-2 years of experience, track record of increasing responsibility and successful project management. Experience in the environmental consulting industry is highly preferred
Why You’ll Love WRA:
- Get paid for what you love. Competitive salary, numerous bonus opportunities, and a generous 401k matching program
- Share in our success. Profit-sharing and employee-ownership opportunities
- Extensive benefits including 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums, commuter program that rewards you with vacation time and monthly cell phone reimbursement program
- Diversity, equity and inclusion are top cultural priorities. We are committed to building a team that is reflective of the diverse communities we serve, and are actively seeking candidates from a multitude of backgrounds.
- Easy commute. Most offices have free parking or are accessible via public transit
- A place to grow. Strong internal technical training program and professional mentorship model
- Love where you work. Positive, progressive work environment, flexibility to work remote, ergonomic sit/stand desks and fun internal social events
- Make a difference. Opportunity to work on diverse array of projects at a mission-driven organization
The Fine Print:
WRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
This is a full-time exempt position. Pay is based on a 40-hour work week. Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM. Exempt salaried employee may be required to work additional hours depending on the nature of work assignments.