WRA, Inc. is looking for an ambitious, seasoned professional to provide strategic leadership and oversight of our Environmental Planning team. This person will grow and diversify our client base and seek out new opportunities to expand our planning practice. You will work directly with the company’s leadership team to develop and implement a strategy to grow the team in both scale and services. In addition, you will have the freedom to leverage your qualifications and those of the organization to develop business in areas of your own personal interest. An important role for this position is serving as a mentor to our staff as they develop their technical expertise and leadership skills.
WRA, Inc. is an environmental consulting firm based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our vision is to cultivate a sustainable future where people and the environment thrive. WRA’s environmental planning team supports this vision by preparing environmental documents that enable implementation of habitat restoration, climate resiliency, public access, and vital water resource infrastructure projects to proceed.
In this role, you will have 3 areas of impact:
1) CEQA team leadership and strategic expansion (20%)
2) Senior technical expertise on environmental planning (60%)
3) People supervision and management (20%)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading strategic initiatives to expand and diversify WRA’s environmental planning practice, participating in and sometimes leading company-wide strategic initiatives
- Taking ownership of the environmental planning team’s financial goals
- Mentoring the environmental planning team members and providing oversight of work products that include CEQA and NEPA documents
- Leading the environmental planning team in a way that fosters the engagement of our staff, including operationalizing WRA’s values of fostering diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging in the workplace
To be successful you will need:
- A Bachelor’s degree with major course work in environmental, urban or infrastructure planning, geography, public policy, or a related interdisciplinary field.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in preparing CEQA and NEPA documents.
- Five years of experience leading a team while targeting, procuring, and retaining clients.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management, financial management, business development, staff development, and environmental consulting industry best practices.
- Demonstrated experience as an effective team leader and communicator who proactively ensures team issues are addressed, and who provides mentoring and coaching to foster best practices, increases staff engagement within the team and with other teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating a fun and supportive work environment that is inclusive of everyone.
- Demonstrated significant experience working on a variety of projects including environmental planning and review, land use and community planning, infrastructure planning, and/or resiliency/sustainability. Through your work, you have gained experience in solving complex interdisciplinary issues on high complexity/high visibility, multi-region or multi-practice projects in multiple locations throughout California.
“WRA’s company vision is ‘cultivating a sustainable future where people and the environment thrive,’ and that starts with our staff. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment, and we have developed flexible policies, internal practices, and are investing in programs that prioritize learning and sustainability. We aim to create conditions that allow employees to prioritize their families, lead healthy and balanced lives, and to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We believe that by creating an exceptional workplace, our employees will be able to do their best work and be able to meaningfully contribute to the sustainability of the environment and the communities in which we live.”
WRA is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating a diverse environment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/wra-ca/16af42e4-62bd-4348-8093-189fbbd143eb?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=American%20Planning%20Association%20NORCAL