Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. Our transportation planning team works on local and regional transportation projects, including transit systems, active transportation and highway projects that shape our region. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to talk with you about joining our team for your next internship.
WSP is currently seeking an exceptional candidate for a Planning Intern for our San Francisco office for the summer of 2018, with the possibility of continuing part time work during the school year.
This opportunity is available for a student in good standing working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Community, Urban or Regional Planning or a related field within an accredited program. The candidate will gain experience in transportation projects, including transit systems, active transportation and highway projects under direct supervision of the firm’s leading planning professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General planning support, including data collection, research, and documentation
- Assist in analysis of geospatial, statistical, and operations data
- Contribute to the development of statewide and regional transportation plans, corridor plans, transit plans, feasibility studies, alternatives analysis, community outreach materials, planning reports and other analyses
- CURRENT standing as a Junior/Senior student actively enrolled in an accredited Planning (or related) Undergraduate or Graduate Program.
- Knowledge of transportation planning practices and policies
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong technical writing, analytical and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on quality work products
- The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.
- Local candidates preferred. Please note that there is no relocation or housing assistance associated with this internship.
- Familiarity with GIS applications and tools
- Experience with graphic design software