We Want You! (To Join Our Board)
We Want You! (To Join Our Board)
Do you want to be more involved with APA? Do you want to serve your fellow Northern Section members? If you are ready to build your professional skills, consider joining your Northern Section board in one of our vacant positions!
Benefits of joining the Board:
- Meaningfully give back to the planning profession;
- Have an impact on the strategic direction of the Section;
- Collaborate with your peers;
- Mentor future generations of planners or become a mentee of experienced Board Members;
- Build up and celebrate leaders in the industry;
- Build your skill set and enrich your resume;
- Grow your network of local planning professionals; and
- Have fun and make new friends!
We are looking to fill the following vacancies:
- East Bay Regional Activity Coordinator
- Technology Manager (Coming Soon)
Current Board Vacancies
East Bay Regional Activity Coordinator
The RACs shall be represented on the Section Board by geographic designation. The duties of the RACs shall be to:
- Serve as the principal link between the Section and individual members in specified geographic regions in the Section and ensure their specific needs are met by the Board;
- Organize meetings and workshops for members in their geographic regions and assist the Professional Development Director in carrying out the Section’s professional development programs; and
- Host social functions in order to foster a sense of community and networking opportunities within and among Section members.
Technology Manager (Coming Soon)
The duties of the Technology Manager shall be to:
- Manage the Section’s Google Workspace instance; manage users, groups, and Shared Drives;
- Develop tools and procedures for managing Section passwords for shared technical resource;
- Update the Section’s website on a regular basis, including keeping a current calendar of events and relevant Section and Section Board information;
- Keep all social and professional networking websites up to date with member information, upcoming events, and other announcements;
- Coordinate with the Editor(s) in publishing the newsletter in digital format;
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Sponsorship Manager in displaying calling cards and job recruitment advertisements onto the website;
- Assist with other Section Board technology needs, as assigned;
- Coordinate with the Chapter website manager, as needed;
- Coordinate with the Administrative Director in providing Section Board meeting minutes in a downloadable format; and
- Work with any independent contractors to maintain and design the website.
How to apply
For appointed positions, you must be an APA member with current/paid-up membership, and reside or practice planning within the Northern Section (Alameda, Contra Costa, Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Monterey, Napa, San Benito, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, and Sonoma counties). If you wish to be considered, please submit your resume and letter of interest outlining why you’d like to be considered, any relevant experiences, and what you’ll bring to the position. Please email the requested documents to Section Director-Elect Libby Tyler, FAICP at email@example.com.