If you are an experienced Community Development professional with a passion for the work and a commitment to community, consider working in Lake County where you can live in a traffic-free, rural residential setting. This unique opportunity will give the successful candidate a chance to work with neighborhoods that, while affected by recent natural disasters, remain resilient and a premier place to live and work.
Why Join our Department? You’ll be joining a team of dedicated and talented professionals that strive to provide the highest quality of service to the San Mateo community, in a dynamic, fast paced, collaborative, and innovative work environment.
Housing Specialist III is the advanced journey level class in this series, having the primary responsibility for performing the full range of housing support duties and for acting as team leader for larger and more complex projects.
Raimi + Associates (R+A) is a multidisciplinary planning, policy, urban design, and research firm with offices in Berkeley, Los Angeles, and Riverside, CA. We focus on creating healthy, equitable, and sustainable communities through land use planning, urban design, and community engagement.
Solano is well recognized for quality of life and affordable California living. Solano County seeks a Planning Manager who will direct the County’s current and long-range planning services and bring a depth of experience in permitting, land use planning, public planning and related policies and procedures, including NEPA, CEQA and environmental laws, codes and practices. This position will report to the Director of Resource Management, oversee a staff of eight and an approximate budget of $3 million.
The City of Sunnyvale has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Planner to join its Planning Division in the Community Development Department. Under direction of a Principal Planner or Assistant Director of Community Development, the Assistant Planner performs professional work including review of staff-level and minor projects, assistance to the public at the One Stop counter; and performs related work as required.
The Payroll Specialist is an integral part member of the Finance team. This position ensures accurate processing and recording of Food Bank’s payroll, provides timely and accurate financial information, and participates in daily data entry payroll processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Payroll – from set-up to semi-monthly payroll processing
- Data entry of daily cash receipts
- Calculation and maintenance of accrued paid time off balances
- Calculation of 403b deductions and match for deposits
- Reconciliation and preparation of journal entries
- Provide payroll reports to Finance Director – 403B & anniversary bonus
- Communicate paid time off accruals and overtime reports to supervisors
- Assist Finance Director in the paperwork associated with annual compensation adjustments
- Annual staff allocation calculations
- Annual payroll & benefits budget forecast
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and 2-5 years current payroll processing experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Valid California driver’s license and insurance, and ability to be covered under the Food Bank’s auto insurance required. May need to use personal vehicle for business purposes, mileage reimbursed at the standard federal rate.
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel.
- High degree of professionalism and ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data and design work flow and procedures.
- Must have strong attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure with urgency and diligence to meet deadlines.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The desk space for this position is located on the second floor. We do not have an elevator.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, flexible spending account, 403(b) match, and paid leave to eligible employees. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please send your resume and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Payroll Specialist” Email submission is preferred.
Or by mail to:
Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano
Attn: Human Resources
4010 Nelson Avenue
Concord, CA 94520
For more information about us, please visit: http://www.foodbankccs.org
The Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano is an equal opportunity employer