The term of Treasurer, an elected APA California – Northern Section Board position, will end on December 31, 2019. A Nominations Committee, overseen by Section Director-Elect Jonathan Schuppert, AICP, is soliciting and will review applications. The Treasurer will serve a two-year term commencing January 1, 2020. As described in the Section Bylaws, Section 4.6.5, the responsibilities of the position include:
- The Treasurer shall have a working knowledge of profit and loss statements, balance sheets, reconciliation procedures, and Quicken or other accounting computer software programs as specified by the Chapter. The duties of the Treasurer shall be to:
- Prepare an annual budget for submittal to the Section Director;
- Receive and be held accountable for all Section accounts and funds and to make proper authorized disbursement of said funds, including those received through an electronic transfer website;
- Collect or to designate a person responsible to collect money at events that require a fee;
- Submit financial reports to the Section Board; and
- Submit quarterly financial reports, including an end of the year financial report to the Chapter.
Interested Section members in good standing (including incumbent Board members) must submit a complete nomination petition by October 16, 2019, that includes the following: Name, address of membership, email, work or daytime phone number, signatures of support from at least five current Section members, and a brief statement of candidacy (not to exceed 500 words) to the Nomination Committee Chair, Director-Elect Jonathan Schuppert, AICP, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electronic ballots will be sent to Section members on November 4, 2019, and they will be due November 18, 2019. The Nomination Committee will publish qualifying candidate statements in the November edition of Northern News and will include on the election ballot all candidates who meet the minimum qualifications as described in the Section Bylaws (Section 4.2.2) which can be found here. Please submit completed nomination petitions to the Nomination Committee Chair, Director-Elect Jonathan Schuppert, AICP, at email@example.com.