Get recognized by the APA Northern California Section!
We are accepting nominations for the Awards that annually recognize the very best in planning in our region. In previous years, several Northern Section winners went on to snag State and national Awards. Let’s keep up the tradition and recognize the excellent people and projects in our communities.
- Opportunity and Empowerment
- Comprehensive Plan – Large and Small Jurisdictions (2 awards)
- Implementation – Large and Small Jurisdictions (2 awards)
- Innovation in Green Community Planning
- Economic Planning and Development
- Transportation Planning
- Best Practices
- Grassroots Initiative
- Public Outreach
- Urban Design
- Communications Initiative
- Advancing Diversity and Social Change
- Planning Landmark
- Hard-won Victory
Awards for People and Organizations
- Planning Advocate
- Planning Agency (public sector)
- Planning Firm (private sector)
- Emerging Planning and Design Firm
- Academic Award
- Planning Pioneer
Northern Section Awards
- Planning and Health
- Social and Environmental Justice
- Planning and Food Systems
- Great Places
Would you like to be an Awards Juror?
To serve on our esteemed jury to select the 2020 APA Northern Section Winners, please email Florentina Craciun at with a short statement of interest and your résumé by 5 pm, February 21. A one-day, in-person participation on the Jury is required, in addition to reviewing the nominations in advance. The jury will meet at AECOM, 300 Lakeside Drive, Oakland, on Friday, April 17, 2020.
Save the Date!
Our Northern Section Superstars will be celebrated at an Awards Gala on Friday, June 5, 2020, with a networking reception with, hors d’oeuvres, beverages, a video presentation, and great photo opportunities.
Awards Gala 2020 Location TBD. If you have a suggestion for where the gala should be held, near transit, email us here.