By Chris Lee and Marina Espinoza, California State Association of Counties, April 23, 2021
“The California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) recently released the housing element Annual Progress Report (APR) Dashboard. The dashboard is intended to provide useful housing-related data to policymakers, stakeholders, and the general public.
“The dashboard shows all the APR data — previously only available in multiple spreadsheets and PDFs — consolidated in one place and reformatted as easy-to-use graphs and charts. It also includes new data points that have never been published before, including updates on housing element program commitments, housing applications, and housing funding source information.
“The dashboard will be updated this summer to include data received on the 2020 annual progress reports that were due on April 1, 2021.
“Counties can use the APR dashboard to:
- Track housing production data at different income levels, structure types, and geographies
- Determine which cities and counties have HCD-certified housing elements and whether they have submitted their annual progress reports
- Find out if a local government’s housing plan is compliant and whether the agency submitted its APR
- Track changes and trends over time or view stand-alone trends
- Explore how housing tools, such as SB 35 streamlining and density bonus, are being used.”
Read the full press release here. (~2 min.)