The Treasurer will serve a two-year term, commencing January 1, 2022. As described in the Section’s Bylaws, Section 4.6.5, the responsibilities of the position include:
Working knowledge of profit and loss statements, balance sheets, reconciliation procedures, Quicken, or other accounting computer software programs as specified by APA California. The Treasurer:
- Prepares an annual budget for the Section;
- Receives and is held accountable for all Section accounts and funds;
- Authorizes disbursement of funds, including through electronic transfers;
- Collects or designates a responsible person to collect money at events that require a fee;
- Submits financial reports to the Section Board; and
- Submits quarterly and year-end financial reports to the Chapter.
Interested Northern Section members in good standing (including incumbent Board members) should submit by September 30, 2021, a complete nomination petition that includes name, address of membership, email, work or daytime phone number, signatures of support from five current Northern Section members, and a brief statement of candidacy (not to exceed 500 words) to the Nomination Committee Chair, Section Director-Elect Michael Cass, email@example.com.
Electronic ballots will be sent to Section members on October 19, and they will be due November 9, 2021. The Nomination Committee will publish qualifying candidate statements in the November edition of Northern News (online on October 19) and will include on the election ballot all candidates who meet the minimum qualifications as described in the Section Bylaws (Section 4.2.2) which can be found at http://bit.ly/O0dLMo.
Please submit completed nomination petitions to the Nomination Committee Chair, Section Director-Elect Michael Cass, firstname.lastname@example.org.