By Michael Cass, Director-elect, November 3, 2022
The terms of two elected Board positions, Director-Elect and Administrative Director, expire December 31, 2022. An Election Nomination Committee overseen by current Section Director-Elect Michael P. Cass has been formed to solicit and review applications, with the election scheduled for November 2022. Each Board position will serve a two-year term, commencing January 1, 2023. As described in the APA California Northern Section Bylaws, the responsibilities of the positions include:
- Fill in as Section Director whenever Section Director is not available;
- Convene the annual Section Board Retreat;
- Attend the annual Chapter Retreat (year prior to becoming Section Director);
- Develop Board and Executive Board Meeting agendas with Section Director and Administrative Director;
- Coordinate vacancy recruitment;
- Facilitate, or designate a delegate to facilitate the onboarding of new Section Board members;
- Maintain the Section’s Bylaws and lead the Bylaws Committee in periodic updates to the Bylaws;
- Lead the Election Nominations Committee for elections;
- Set monthly or bi-weekly meetings with Section Director; and
- Set bi-monthly (or as needed) Executive Board Meetings.
Additionally, candidates running for Director-Elect shall have served on the Northern Section Board for at least one year in the past five years.
- Receive and be held responsible for all records, except for financial records or other records explicitly noted as responsible by another Section Board Member, of the Section, and to make such records available for inspection by members upon request;
- Serve as initial contact for external communication inquiries and primary contact for internal Board communications;
- Create Board and Executive Board Meeting agenda template and share with Director-Elect;
- Request and assemble bi-monthly report of Board Member activities;
- Finalize and distribute Board and Executive Board Meeting agenda packets;
- Draft Board and Executive Board Annotated Agendas;
- Send out calendar invites to Retreat, Board, and Executive Meetings once scheduled;
- Serve as backup to the Professional Development Director to publicize Section professional development activities and networking events on the Section website;
- Maintain Board Roster and Action Item Tracking List; and
- Submit Annual Report to Chapter.
Interested Northern Section members in good standing (including incumbent Board members) must submit their nomination by Sunday, November 20, 2022 that includes the candidate’s name, contact information, position being sought, and endorsements by five Section members. Candidates may also submit for publication a candidate’s statement not exceeding 500 words.