As a valuable service to members of APA California Northern Section, we publish professional and social events of relevance or interest to the planning profession on our website and in our newsletter. The following criteria apply when listing events in the eNews calendars (at no cost to the listing entity), whether the events are sponsored or co-sponsored by APA or by allied or compatible organizations. Event submissions will be reviewed within 72 hours of submission and you will be notified if they are no approved. Click here to submit an event.
Event Submission Criteria:
- Directly relevant to the practice of city or regional planning and/or related professions
- Within the counties served by Northern Section or reasonably accessible
- Affordable (free or low cost) to Northern Section members (less than $120 for a single day event)
- Exceptions shall be up to the discretion of the Professional Development Director.
Certification Maintenance (CM) Credits:
For events offering CM credits, please fill out the entire form as this information is required in order to get approval for CM credits. In addition, we ask that events offering CM credits meet the following criteria:
- Cost no more than $20 per CM credit
- Are provided by a non-profit, educational institution and will provide only a semi-annual notice of programs.
This policy does not preclude organizations from placing paid advertisements for events in the Northern News or eNews. Providers of higher-priced courses and workshops are encouraged to purchase an ad offering incentives such as lower registration rates for Section members and opportunities for Northern Section to promote APA membership. Contact APA California Northern’s Advertising Director for information and rates.