PlaceWorks has an immediate need for several full-time, mid-level CEQA project managers to join our well-established and growing Environmental Team. The candidates selected for this position could be based in any of our office locations. We are looking for individuals with 5-10 years of experience preparing and managing CEQA documents for a wide range of projects (NEPA experience is a plus). The ideal candidates have strong management skills for a variety of project types, marketing experience, mentoring/leadership experience, excellent writing and critical thinking skills, and are passionate about helping shape and improve communities and the environment through their work. We work in a wide array of communities throughout California, and we encourage diverse candidates from non-traditional backgrounds to apply.
Working in a collaborative and casual work environment, the project manager oversees and prepares environmental documents to comply with CEQA, leads internal and subconsultant teams, independently advises clients, oversees project progress, performs project administration/management, and supports project teams in all aspects of providing environmental consulting services to our clients. Our environmental planning practice encompasses a variety of private and public sector project work, including environmental review of general and specific plans, schools, parks, mixed-use development, commercial centers, and infrastructure projects.
You’re most likely a fit if:
- You love planning for the future of communities and making a difference with your work and are excited to work with an award-winning team.
- You have professional acumen to cultivate working relationships with clients, team members, and other firms.
- You’re a self-starter who can work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment, including a virtual, work from home environment when needed.
- You’ve conducted all phases of the CEQA process and are experienced with managing and preparing CEQA documents and impact analysis for all levels of environmental review.
- You have strong knowledge of CEQA compliance and latest changes to CEQA Guidelines legislation.
- You understand the importance of preparing technically sound and legally defensible environmental documents.
- Multi-tasking is second nature and you can manage multiple projects and work products within budget and deadlines.
- You are well-positioned to participate in marketing, business development, and proposal efforts.
- You have excellent technical writing and proofreading skills and are detail-oriented.
- You’re a skilled researcher and enjoy analyzing and compiling research and data as required by a project.
- You have strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Engaging with the public excites you, and you’re willing to jump-in to help with community outreach efforts.
- You’re able to attend and travel to client meetings and community workshops which may occur on weekday nights and weekends (when this can be done safely and is allowed under local health regulations).
- You have a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in urban, regional, environmental, or natural resource planning; land use or environmental law; environmental studies or sciences; political science; public administration; or related field.
- You have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- You have a current and valid driver’s license and acceptable MVR to drive on Company business for performing site visits and attending meetings.
To apply, please visit our website at: https://placeworks.com/careers/mid-level-ceqa-project-manager/
To apply for this job please visit placeworks.com.