The City of Gilroy is recruiting for a Planning Technician position in the Community Development Department, Planning Division. The goal of the Community Development Department is to provide current and long term community planning services in conformance with the Gilroy General Plan and direction of the City Council, to enhance the design and livability of residential neighborhoods, commercial areas, and industrial zones within the city’s urban sphere, and to promote sustainable development.
Do you have a passion for outdoor recreation and open space? Do you seek an opportunity to work on a variety of planning, design and construction projects that focus on preservation and public use of open space? With the passage of the Measure AA bond measure in 2014, Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District has been ramping up project planning and delivery to fulfill the commitments made to the public regarding greater outdoor recreational access and environmental education, protected open space lands, and natural resource restoration.
Continue your planning and urban design career at a “Best Places to Work” company! Wood Rodgers’ Pleasanton Planning team is looking for a Planner to join our fast-paced, dynamic, and multi-disciplinary team. The person will collaborate on urban and suburban design projects, from concept to public approval. The candidate will possess a strong writing, design aesthetic and graphic skills. The person should be self-directed and desire an opportunity for growth within the organization.
M-Group exists to bring innovative and effective planning solutions to Bay Area cities. Since the creation of the firm in 2006, we have brought high-caliber planning services to over 65 Bay Area communities. M-Group’s planners have extensive experience working on large, complex and high-profile projects and our staff brings together a range of accomplishments and a wealth of real-world experiences. Our staff enjoy working with a variety of planning professionals in many different settings and with many different agencies where they gain excellent experience.
Visit us at http://www.m-group.us to learn more about us.
OUR COUNTY AND COMMUNITY
Ventura County is located on California’s “Gold Coast,” approximately 35 miles northwest of Los Angeles and 20 miles southeast of Santa Barbara. Residents enjoy rolling hills and sweeping ocean views in a nearly perfect Mediterranean climate with an average annual temperature of 74.2 degrees. The beauty and weather combined with a wonderful quality of life are among the many reasons our residents choose to call Ventura County “home.”
Raimi + Associates is a multidisciplinary planning, policy, urban design, and research firm with offices in Berkeley, Los Angeles, and Riverside, CA. We are advocates, collaborators, organizers, and pioneers committed to creating healthy and resilient places. We bring a multidisciplinary approach to planning, design, policy and applied research. To address the complexity of communities, R+A integrates interrelated disciplines — land use and urban design, sustainability and green building, public health and equity, and community engagement — into planning and applied research efforts.
Environmental Science Associates (ESA) is an environmental science, planning, and design consulting firm committed to the principles of sound science, technical excellence, integrity, and the promotion of outstanding decision making and sustainability. As a 100-percent employee-owned company with offices in California, Washington, Oregon and Florida, continuing to meet the needs of our clients as well as the strategic aspirations of our employee-owners requires that we look to add the very best professional talent throughout our practices and offices.
WHAT WE OFFER
The County of Ventura offers an attractive compensation and benefits package. Aside from our salary of approximately $129,348 to $181,106 an employee within this position will also be eligible for the following:
- Educational Incentive – An educational incentive of 2.5% for completion of an associate’s degree, 3.5% for completion of a bachelor’s degree, OR 5% for completion of a graduate’s degree.
- Executive Administrative Leave – The candidate selected for this position will earn 248 hours per year, increasing to 288 hours after 5 years of service, to 328 hours after 10 years of service, and to 368 hours after 15 years of service or other public service.
- Annual Leave Redemption – The ability to “cash in” or redeem up to 100 hours of Annual Leave per year after using 80 hours.
- Deferred Compensation – Eligible to participate in the County’s 401(k) Shared Savings Plan and/or the Section 457 Plan. This position is eligible for up to a 3% match on your 401(k) contributions.
- Health Plans – You are afforded a flexible credit allowance of up to $11,622 annually for purchasing medical, dental, and/or vision insurance from a group of authorized plans.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Employees may also participate in the Flexible Spending Accounts which increase their spending power by reimbursing them with pre-tax dollars for IRS approved dependent care and health care expenses.
- Pension Plan – Both the County and you contribute to the County’s Retirement Plan and to Social Security. If you are eligible, you may establish reciprocity with other public retirement systems such as PERS.
- Holidays – 10 paid days per year which includes a scheduled floating holiday.
ESA, an employee owned company, is seeking a senior level planner with 10 or more years of experience to lead our Northern California Community Planning Group. The person filling this position may be located in our Sacramento, Oakland, San Francisco or Petaluma office. The position will provide guidance and technical oversight of the community planning team and projects, and contribute to ESA’s legacy of innovation, creativity, quality service and best practices. Typical projects include general plans, specific plans, master plans, downtown plans, zoning codes, housing plans, local coastal programs, resilience programs and related planning and environmental studies. The candidate must demonstrate a successful track record of team building, project management and proactive business development, and will be responsible for facilitating the growth of the Community Planning Group. The position will report to ESA’s Northern California Community Development Director and will participate as a member of the Community Development Leadership Team.
The City of San Bruno is seeking an energetic and forward thinking leader to serve as the City’s Planning and Housing Manager. As the City continues to grow in population and develop within the burgeoning San Francisco Bay Area, now is an exciting time to join the San Bruno Community Development Department. The Planning and Housing Manager performs a variety of routine and complex administrative, technical, managerial, supervisory, and professional work related to housing and current and long-range planning in the City.