We Want You! (To Join Our Board)
Do you want to be more involved with APA? Do you want to serve your fellow Northern Section members? If you are you ready to build your professional skills, consider joining your Northern Section board in one of our vacant positions!
We are looking to fill the following vacancies:
- Social Media Coordinator
Current Board Vacancies
The Treasurer shall have a working knowledge of accounting procedures, including posting debits and credits into accounting software, balancing accounts and reconciling statements, and other financial practices as specified by Chapter Financial Policies. The duties of the Treasurer shall be to:
- Prepare an annual Section budget for submittal to the Section Director;
- Receive and be held accountable for all Section accounts and funds and to make proper authorized disbursement of said funds, including those received through an electronic transfer website;
- Collect or to designate a person responsible to collect money at events that requires a fee;
- Work with any bookkeeper or other finance professional hired to assist with prescribed financial duties, such as taxes and annual reporting requirements;
- Submit financial reports to the Section Board; and
- Submit quarterly financial reports, including an end-of-year financial report, to the Chapter.
The new Treasurer will complete the remainder of the existing term, concluding on December 31, 2021, as the current Treasurer Michael P. Cass was elected as Director-Elect starting on January 1, 2021. If you wish to be considered, please send a resume and letter of interest telling us why you’d like to be considered, any relevant experiences, and what you’ll bring to the position. Please email the requested documents to Section Director-Elect Michael P. Cass at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application open until filled.
Social Media Coordinator
The duties of the Social Media Coordinator shall be to:
- Regularly disseminate Section news, events, and announcements across the Section’s official social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn);
- Coordinate with the Communications Director, Editor(s), and other board members, as appropriate, to strategize on communications strategies;
- Build brand awareness by creating and editing of written, video, and photo content;
- Engage with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments;
- Set social media goals, review analytics, and report on key performance metrics;
- Develop creative campaigns to garner user engagement or event promotion; and
- Stay up-to-date with changes in social platforms and advise the Communications Director of emerging trends and issues.
For appointed positions, you must be an APA member with current/paid-up membership, and reside or practice planning within the Northern Section (nine Bay Area counties, including Santa Cruz, Mendocino, Humboldt, and Del Norte counties). If you wish to be considered, please submit your resume and letter of interest outlining why you’d like to be considered, any relevant experiences, and what you’ll bring to the position. Please email the requested documents to Section Director-Elect Michael P. Cass at email@example.com.